Project 3: Zines

I chose to make my zine about summer and the activities I enjoy doing in the summertime. I chose to use markers for this project because I was limited to supplies and I thought they would stand out the most and they are fun materials in my opinion to draw with. I chose to use a monochromatic color scheme with the color red and a shade of red being pink. I thought the red would stand out the most and bring a warm, happy feeling to my zine being that it revolves around the idea of summer.

The most difficult part of the project for me was probably deciding how I wanted to create my cover and back page. I thought of doing something that brought the two pages together so drew out letters spelling summer that took up half of the first page and half of the last page that pulled the zine together and created a sense of unity. If I could change one thing it would be spicing up the letters to my "summer". I think I did the best on coming up with unique pictures fro each page of the zine and chose a smart way to present those images on the moments I used color or left certain aspects of the image white. My favorite image I created is the flip flops because I was very interested in the closure technique and thought that was a great way to present that page.



                                                               Grouping / Proximity

                                                            Containment / Continuity

                                                                  Closure / Repetition

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portfolio

Multiplicity