Project 2 Critiques

Kelsey's project came out outstanding. I think she did a really well job on finding a lot of found materials to make it look more like scrap book collages. My favorite one is the blue/blew pictures because of the way she angled the flowers in the blew image and how it really creates that feeling of something being blown by the wind. I also like how the texture from some of the material in the blue image looks. There isn't much she needs to work on, but if I could give any advice it would be to put less orange in the background of the date collage because I think it draws attention away from the orange in the actual number of the date. In the nail polish collage I think the white on the edge of the nail polish's could've been cut a little more neat. Lastly, maybe just doing a little less detail may have benefitted you.

Jacob did a nice job on the image of the two people of the joint. I like the background and how it appears texturized and blocky. I also think he did a good job on the mail because he made the envelope seem sort of 3 dimensional. I also liked his word choice of well and using a facial expression to demonstrate his piece; I thought that was creative. Some things Jacob could work on are having better craftsmanship in his cutting and gluing. For example, the top of the well doesn't seem like the paper is on there well enough. Also I think he could've added a little something to the background of the boy he used the word "well" for. One last thing, I was confused about what the other collage of "male" was pointing to.

Emily did a nice job on choosing her color schemes wisely. I like the simplicity with the right/write collages because I think it looks clean and professional. I also thought that her "rock" images were the best. the detail she used fort he rocking chair stands out and the image of the rock being that brighter color with the darker background gives it a mysterious effect. Some things she could work is in the collage of "ate", I think she could've found a magazine that has a picture of food on it and cut that out and placed that in her image. I also think the outline of red on the orange arrow could have been cut and glued better, it looks kind of messy. Lastly maybe just going back and making sure the craftsmanship is close to 100%.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portfolio

Multiplicity